For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10

Friday, June 8, 2012

Progress and Parenting

Good things are happening here.  Progress may be my new favorite word.  (Not to be confused with progressive -but that's a whole different post.)

While Judah remains jealous most days, we've had beautiful moments of our little guys ALL playing together----wait for it-----

NICELY!!!

Whew!  I can't tell you what that does for my heart and the encouragement it gives just to have a few minutes of harmony with the kids.  

As for parenting, my flaws and shortcomings have never been more obvious.  If ever I prided myself in parenting skills, and surely I have, believe me when I say.............

I am convinced of my failures.   Thoroughly convinced.

I see them daily.  I REPLAY THEM in my mind~ praying for strength to be better next time.  I confess them in my prayers.  Oh, I know of my failures. 

Strangely, I don't wish them away.  I'm not a mommy to perfect children.  I live with their failures as much as they live with mine.  If I gave them a false picture of perfection while they failed, what would their little hearts feel?  Inadequate?  Insecure?  Lied to?

 Proverbs 28:13 NKJV

He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes  them  will have mercy.

I'm counting on God's mercy as I confess my mistakes and teach my children to do the same.  


Lisa Dominguez

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™, an AT&T LTE smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment