For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life at the House

For those of us who have been left behind, life is no less an adventure. Take today for instance. While Lillie and Lyza are sweet and quiet, the boys~ not so much.

Moses and Judah like action and movement! They want dinosaurs and cars in big piles of sand. They want the sun in their eyes and the wind in their hair. (what little hair my baldish Judah has) They need to run, jump and cause destruction. Yes, you read that right.......DESTRUCTION!

Today it was the apple tree. The defenseless tiny apple tree we have been growing in our back yard. Not uprooted. No. That's for amateurs. This unnamed child snapped it. At the base. Now, I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I'm not an orchard owner. I don't know what to do, if anything, to save this tree. But, I'll google it. I suppose being a mommy has taught me far more than any liberal institution of higher learning I have ever attended. As for the tree, it's now on my back deck. So much for apples in the back yard. It was a nice thought.

To his credit, the 'unnamed child' did promptly go and pick dandelions (the fuzzy ones, of course) and come to me with his *award winning, million dollar, I'm sorry Mommy* smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment