For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wrestling and Common Ground

I know, an update has been a long time coming. We're almost into summer! Things have been slow and lazy here and I was just bored with the whole thought of blogging. ha! Seriously, time is precious and deciding just how to spend it has been a balance.

Here is what we've been doing:

Max finished up his wrestling for the year. (Yes, this was just after returning home. I told you I was behind in posting.....) He did great and made Daddy proud on the mats.

Max with his game face on. I wish I could post the picture of the other child's face. Since he's not mine and I don't know who he is I won't. Let's just say he looks scared.

A tough match.....


But he ended it with a pin........ I know it's not cool for a tough guy, but Mommy's proud of you, Max!


Our first common ground between Moses and Judah was..........*drum roll, please* CANDY! A huge surprise, right? I have found that a dumdum sucker cures the afternoon grumpies and allows a few minutes of peace during the 'Mommy's busy making dinner, waiting for Daddy to get home, hungry but can't eat yet, late afternoon- blues'. I don't necessarily like the boys to have sugar, (who needs a 2year old or 4 year old on a sugar buzz?) but when it produces smiles instead of melt-downs, well, it's hardly a question of "Should I?" and more of a "When should I?". :)



Boys can turn anything into a 'war'. Here is a picture of their 'sucker war'.




Our next common ground........*another drum roll, please* A FORT. It seems the boys have made the back corner behind the chair their personal play space. They stashed food away for an emergency and everything! I can hardly complain about their choice. Healthy! Healthy! And books to read! These boys are winning my heart.



On to the next update.......





No comments:

Post a Comment