For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10

Monday, November 11, 2013

Hours Away

After over a year of waiting, we are just hours away from getting Luke. Hours away.

It's hard to type out this post. My mind is racing with a thousand different thoughts. I find myself sitting, staring at the cursor, willing the words to come.

Nothing.

This isn't our first time. We've been down this road before. The paperwork. The waiting. More paperwork. More waiting. The flights. The anticipation. The waiting. The MOMENT. And still it comes. The nervousness. The anxious heart. The *butterflies*. In just hours, our family changes. Forever. Be it good or challenging. It changes. And with it comes change for everyone in our family. Just like that. What was will never be again.

And yet the hope that comes in that moment is greater than any hard time that is sure to accompany it. Why?

Because God's Word is true. He is doing a new work in us and through us.

"I am the Lord; that is my name;
my glory I give to no other,
nor my praise to carved idols.
Behold, the former things have come to pass,
and new things I now declare;
before they spring forth
I tell you of them." Isaiah 42:8-9

"Remember not the former things,
nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19

"And He who was seated on the throne said, "Behold,
I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these
words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:5

All things new. Do you not perceive it? It's so close. New things for us. New things for Luke. New hope but with the same promises. Promises of a good and faithful God who works His will and brings us good things. This time, the good thing is named Luke. And we can not wait to wrap our arms around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment