For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Candy Wars

It finally happened! For years, I have been hiding the boys' candy and treats, doling them out as I saw fit and as a reward.

Today I realized my stash of treats had been infiltrated. Entire bags ~GONE! Wrappers strewn about in victorious celebration. Eggs~broken open.

For two weeks, since Mario has been gone, Judah has been walking around chewing gum or some other treat and looking rather smug. I thought he was just getting the gum from his sister's purse. How naïve! I should have known when he looked at me, smiled and raised his eyebrows a few times~ he had gotten something past me. Something BIG.

What a clever little boy- to strike when I'm two helpers down. I questioned him but got nothing more than an "I don't know, Mommy." Oh and a tour of the girls' room and where THEY hide their candy from Judah and Moses. Good to know. He's already found their stash.

So, what's all the fuss? Why all the covert operations? My boy, Judah is an addict. A candy addict. He can smell it miles away. He wants to know what you're chewing and smell your mouth for traces of the sweet stuff you may not be sharing. He breaks out in smiles and well wishes when he gets it~ but becomes violent and angry when the 'good feelings' are over. My poor Judah simply can't handle the sugar.

Now, I'm off on Operation Recovery. Yes, I'll have to secretly watch him. I'll be following him. Tracking him. He's good, but I'm Mommy! Mommy always wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment