For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Air is Thick....

Anticipation. Hope. Faith.

Love. Change.

The air is thick around me today. My heart is heavy. Not heavy with despair as it is sometimes used. Heavy with a fullness. My God and His goodness weighs on me today. It's heavy and brings me to my knees with gratitude to *finally* be here. Although I'm not *there*.

Can you feel it? It seems impossible the whole world isn't sharing this. Amazement and awe for what He has done.

4 Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Extol Him who rides on the clouds,
By His name YAH,
And rejoice before Him.
5 A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.
6 God sets the solitary in families;
He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

The New King James Version. 1982 (Ps 68:4–6). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

My soul has been singing His praises all day. He is a father to the fatherless, who sets the solitary in families -brought out to be bound no longer. Oh what great and marvelous things you have done, O God!

And lest you should worry, I have no rose-colored glasses on. I know the difficulties. I know this isn't going to be easy. Not for Josiah. Not for Mario or I. Not for our children. We have a challenge set before us.

Thankfully, we do not walk this path without one who has gone before us. You understand, we make no sacrifice greater than the one Jesus Christ first made for us. There is not a cost He did not pay first. There is no love we can show that is greater than the love He displayed. There is nothing we will do that hasn't already been done for us.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

The New King James Version. 1982 (1 Co 13:11). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

When I was a child, young in my faith, I didn't understand and appreciate my title of one who was forgiven. ( Now don't be confused, I am not saying I have everything together and have learned it all. I still have much to learn.) I thought my salvation was for me. For my good. Not looking to or considering others. I was a child! So my actions reflected that.

Jesus Christ didn't save me just for the sake of me. I was purchased at a price. My life is no longer my own. I am to be as Paul, poured out as a drink offering for the sake of others. My redemption was costly. So why should the redemption of Josiah be any different? It costs us. But that was the example set before us. So, we walk in it. Willingly. With understanding, we put away childish things. And it is GOOD.

*sigh* I'm simply in awe. In awe with beautiful little butterflies dancing around in my stomach. Awe, butterflies, and air thick with God's presence. No place better to be! Well maybe all those things IN China at 10:30 tonight.............

No comments:

Post a Comment