For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday in GZ

Mario found Moses walking around our room this morning in his shoes looking at my Bible.  A picture of the future, perhaps? 
 
Proverbs 1:8-9 
Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.
 
I figured since I posted a picture of Judah crying in his crib in GZ, it would only be fair to do the same for Moses.  All of the smiling pictures may give the impression that our sweet little boy is all smiles all the time.  Not so.  Living with Moses reminds me of the nursery rhyme about curly sue, "....when she was good, she was very good, but when she was bad......."  While I wouldn't label my children as bad (all my children are a blessing from God)  Parenting certainly gives a mom days that challenge.  Today was one of those days.  It all started with a little word with big implications....... "NO".............followed by the removal of one of his favorite things, Daddy's cell phone.  It was all down hill from there.  By the end of the day, I was a complaining mess.  *sigh*  Thankfully, I am confident tomorrow will hold new opportunities for me to meet the challenges of parenting with a better attitude that honors God.  As for my failures today, I know God's grace is enough to cover them as I pour my heart out to Him and ask forgiveness.  I can't remember the last time I was so thankful for mercies that are new each morning.  It was probably when Chloe, Max and Lillie were all toddlers together.  Ahhhh, the memories.
 
We spent part of the morning walking around GZ.  We went to a park next to the hotel.  It turned out to be a great place to people watch. 
 
Thank you again for your prayers, emails and comments.  Each one brings us encouragement. I wish I could respond to everyone but I simply can't.  I use the term 'free time' loosely.  It only means we are not in a group activity.  The truth is, when a toddler is in the house, one has very little 'free time'.  :)  We love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment